Saturday 21 November 2015

Apple dumplings

A few days ago I wanted to cook something for my boyfriend with two apples we had left. He loves apples so much, especially if cooked; I honestly like them only if fresh.
So, since I didn't have a baking pan good for a classic apple pie, I decided to try something new. 
This is what I did. My boyfriend liked them, so I can post the recipe here. 
It's really simple, fast, and of course you can personalise it in order to make your own apple dumplings.

Ingredients for 4 dumplings
One sheet puff pastry (rectangular)
One apple
50 gr sugar
Lemon juice
Cinnamon 
(Powdered sugar)



Cut an apple in little cubes and put them in a bowl. Add lemon juice and cinnamon to the apples. Lemon juice is really important because if you don't use it, your apple cubes will become black.




Cut puff pastry into 4 equal pieces.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
Meanwhile, put sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small pot and let them cook until completely melted. You'll get caramel.


With a pastry brush, spread the caramel on puff pastry (which shouldn't be too much cold or the caramel will istantly dry). Then add some apples cubes, and in the end close the dumplig. 
Do the same with the other dumplings and in the end make two little incisions on the top of the dumpling.


Bake 10 minutes, then let them cold a little bit.
You can add some powdered sugar or just eat them.

2 comments: